OK, so actually, that’s a fib. SOME of the postcards are done. But the rest are at least part assembled and almost there.
I have five finished ones to share, you can imagine the rest as they will look just like these ones, just with different quotes…
(they aren't double matted by the way - the postcards have a white border, the dark brown is just what they were sitting on when I took their picture)
I decided in the end to go with a fairly simple design - just one image and a line or two of text - so as not to cover up too much of that busy busy background
I used this heart image from The Graphics Fairy, and had fun researching a lot of different heart-related quotes to go with it, so each postcard could be unique.
Here are all the quotes I used (and a couple that I liked but didn’t use in the end), and where they came from. See if you can work out who said what :)
(answers are in the comments)
1) Wherever you go, go with all your heart
2) There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart….pursue those
3) The heart forgets its sorrow and ache
4) Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
5) Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year
6) Only do what your heart tells you
7) Be still my heart; thou hast known worse than this
8) Your heart is full of fertile seeds, waiting to sprout
9) I have a different constitution. I have a different brain; I have a different heart; I got tiger blood, man.
10) Be careful what you set your heart upon – for it will surely be yours
11) Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely
12) The heart has reasons that reason does not understand
13) Within your heart, keep one still, secret spot where dreams may go
14) There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart’s desire. The other is to gain it.
15) Above all be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it
16) The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.
17) It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye
18) The head thinks, the hands labour, but it’s the heart that laughs
19) We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures
A) George Bernard Shaw
B) Jacques Benigne Bossuel
C) Ralph Waldo Emerson
D) Liz Curtis Higgs
E) James Russell Lowell
H) Thornton Wilder
I) Steve Jobs
J) Hardy D Jackson
K) Antoine De Saint-Exupery
M) Michael Nolan
N) Charlie Sheen
O) Princess Diana
P) the movie Land Before Time
Q) Louise Driscoll
R) James A Baldwin
S) Morihei Ueshiba
How many did you get right?