Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Not Broken.


This page was pure and simple synchronicity....

I had this mask left over from my Guns n Roses page, and with its lovely black and gold spray paint treatment it was far too nice to waste.

Then came an unexpected free evening and time to work in my journal...and I spotted the latest three-part prompt from A Year In The Life Of An Art Journal:

THE PROMPT: Love
THE SONG: Not Broken by the Goo Goo Dolls
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: Silhouettes

Everything fell into place pretty quickly from that point....I had the silhouette.....a "love" themed page seemed to fit the dancers, plus Jay and I have now been together two years so the timing is right....and "not broken" made me think of not breaking step - dancing in unison - a relationship in perfect balance.

I couldn't be happier, or luckier, to have found my perfect partner for the dance.  Happy anniversary Jay xxx


AJED : 71 / 365

9 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

I love the dancing analogy applied to the prompt!! Brilliant!! Thank you for sharing!!

Glenda T. said...

Love that sillouette and your take on this!!

Alison said...

Fantastic page Sarah! The silhouette looks brilliant! x

Chicken Licken said...

Ahhh congratulations!

Michelle S said...

Love this!! 2 years has flown over...happy anniversary xxxx

Sid said...

Great pages Flo !!

Marit said...

Happy anniversary Sarah!!! I love the dancing couple silhouette (used a similar silhouette once in one of my art journal) Dancing people are so beautiful to watch, don't you think?! What you write about dance - relationships is beautiful too, and so true! Enjoy the day and have a good one together!!!

Anonymous said...

Woooot! Great page for a terrific reason. Here's wishing you many more perfect dances.

latte_grande said...

Beautiful page! Love when everything falls into place like that. :) Happy happy anniversary!