Monday, April 27, 2009

Dedicated to ladies with complicated love lives everywhere...


This is my latest entry for the fabric round robin I'm a part of. Am enjoying this project so much, I'll be sad when it's over. 8 down, 4 to go.

I wanted to use needle felting on this one, so needed a fairly bold/simple focal motif. I settled on a heart and a triangle. No reason! :)

I didn't have a big enough piece of wool felt to use as the background, so sliced up two smaller pieces and sewed them back together in a stripey pattern.

Next the heart was felted on using merino roving, a border was cross stitched around it, and then I embroidered the three points of the triangle.

The background looked a little empty at this point, so I added some purple seed stitches to liven it up a bit.

A bit of red bias binding to finish, and it was all done.

A close up of all the textures, this one is very strokable:



Roll on the next one!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really like this one roo, I admire your patience with the detail - but i really like the colours and the sentiment!. JR

forcryeye said...

Sarah, is there anything you can't do? You are amazing! I can't wait to get on here and catch up. Just know I peek in occasionally. XO Cuz

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

A very vibrant and fun to stitch project!! I think you will have to find yourself another project to work on for afterwards lol :o) - thanks for all your comments on my blog, it's nice to know you've visited! Have a great weekend! Carolyn

Lorraine said...

so this is what has kept you busy..love it the colours remind me of yoga chakra colours..lots of positive energy

Hazel said...

I love the seed stitching in the background- this is another brilliant page.

Unknown said...

Love this too! great colors and I love how the background is sewn together....

David said...

Very nice! Sorry about the Canucks. Hopefully the Bruins can pull two games out of their butts. You should make one of those quilts with the Canucks log!

David said...

Sorry, Canucks logo.

monika said...

Wow again another great entry. I wish I had joined. Much too late now I just hope there will be another I can hopefully take part in. :O

Sharon said...

wow you have made a good job..... love your felting technique and the design
Sharon xx

Suzanne said...

Loving your textiles work Sarah, I wouldn't have a clue!

Sil said...

I just love it my friend,well it seems like that one is dedicated to me as well,yes Flo,I´m alone once again!!
Love you girl xxx