Monday, January 21, 2013

Desert Island Discs circle journal - Crazy Little Thing

It's circle journal time again - and what a joy to take my turn with Donna's most excellent desert island disc box:

Isn't she a beauty??

The premise of this CJ is slightly different to most of the others doing the rounds - instead of a book with pages, we have a box with little file folders for us to fill - and instead of choosing a song to "artify", Donna has done the choosing for us.

This worried me a little to start with, but as it turned out, the song I was allocated - Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen - was exactly the one I would have chosen for myself from what was left on the list, so all's well there.

Working on my entry kept me amused over a snowed-in weekend, I've had a lot of fun with it.

Here's my file folder / envelope thingy:


I've given Freddie some sparkly jewels in his crown, they suit him :)

Inside the envelope:












The brown outer wrapper with the hearts on comes off to reveal my "crazy little thing called love" in all his glory:


Cute isn't he, in a slightly demented, evil-looking way :)  I drew him in India ink with a nib pen and coloured him in with watercolours.  There's Diamond Glaze on his eyes to make them nice and shiny but you can't really see that in the photo.

This part opens up to reveal some stamped lyrics from the song, and my little sign in tag/disc

<--------














And on the back, a stitched double heart:


And here's all my bits together:


Like I said, it was an enjoyable one to pull together

But the fun didn't stop here, as this isn't just any old circle journal, this is a COLLABOR-ART circle journal (please don't sue me, Marks 'n' Sparks!) - so that meant I also had free licence to play with all the previous players' work..... I love this part :D

I added a "USA" button to Donna's Blondie entry, to go with her I <3 NY sticker:



For Sherry's tribute to a song by 'Louise and the Pins'?  What else but some colour co-ordinated safety pins?

<----

And finally, I couldn't resist adding a literal Primal Scream (aaaaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!!!) to Pam's rendition of the band's logo:


5 comments:

Carmen said...

Just commented over at CollaborArt but saying again. LOVE all of this :) Especially the added extras.

Virginia said...

Gorgeous work, loving your additions!

donnalouiserodgers said...

Tolyatti (totally) fucking AWESOME - don't publish this comment if the f word offends,

dxxxxx

donnalouiserodgers said...

totally AWESOME

P.J. said...

Some of the things you come with are really amazing. Way too cool!