Thursday, November 08, 2012

It's postcard swapping time again


I'm not sure if you will remember, but back in the spring I took part in iHanna's annual mail art swap

I made these

and I got these in return

It was a lot of fun and myself and others were keenly looking forward to next spring so we could do it all over again

Well, it turns out we didn't have to wait that long as iHanna has launched a mini Autumn version of the swap (just the 5 postcards this time) to tide us over.  Yay!

And this time it has a theme - empowerment - ooo er missus, very deep!

I haven't got very far yet with mine:


Do they look empowered yet? :)

If you fancy joining up and playing along with me, just click on that banner at the top and it will take you straight there

(NB there is a $4 charge to play, but that's quite good really as psychologically it tends to encourage people to follow through and make and send their cards, as they have had to think about it a bit at the sign up stage and it has cost them a little bit of cash - apparently in previous years when it was free, you were lucky to get 6 or 7 cards back for the 10 you sent out, but I got all 10 this year)

6 comments:

iHanna said...

So glad to hear that you got 10 cards and are happy with previous swaps! THanks for the mention and for joining in the fun.

I think your cards might need something more... hihi, but it's a great start!

Unknown said...

I love the theme Sarah....cant wait to see them done...

amy said...

Ooh, those diamonds...nice beginning!

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

I like the diamonds too and the autumn colour of your postcards, looking forward to seeing the end result!

She Who Doodles said...

diffinitly empowering.

Julie Lapointe said...

Hello Sarah, I was very happy to find one of your postcards in my mailbox!
I love how you worked with these energetic and warm colors on a black background; it definitely sends a strong and empowering vibe! :-)