Wednesday, June 30, 2010

None of us can escape the Danse Macabre

I've been a bit slack on the blogging front recently, I've got the letters L and M to write up, plus loads more geocaching adventures, and a fantastic trip to Ireland to see Pearl Jam to tell you about.  But all that is going to wait until I have some time, which seems in short supply right now!

But one thing I have, finally, found the time to do is a stampers' CJ entry, almost 3 weeks overdue, eek!!!

The stamp this month was this cute little dancing skeleton.

I tried to think of something witty to do with him, like many of the other girls have, but most of the good puns had already been taken, and so instead I channelled my inner goth and based my spread on the Lübeck Dance of Death.

Luckily I have a few dancing skellie stamps of my own (that inner goth isn't very well buried, to be honest), and so I was able to make up a decent crowd scene with the aid of some post it notes, an embossing pen, and Black Soot distress ink....

The background is interference paints in red, purple and blue on black cardstock, oversprayed with glimmer mists.  The big tree is stamped and then painted over, as were the bats, the rest is painted freehand. 

The scroll features part of the Lübeck poem, the jist of which is that no matter how powerful you may be in life, rich or poor, young or old, good or bad, you can't escape the dance of death.....cheery, huh? :D

3 comments:

ally said...

awesome journal entry

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous and very you :) looking forward to it!

Lorraine said...

this is very you..great colours and have a great time in Dorset. Love the word mardy..havent heard that before we say narky up here!