Friday, August 29, 2008

Number cruncher



I am so on a roll with these A-Z journal pages now, I'll be caught up in no time!

The trick seems to be not horrendously overcomplicating them - this was another nice, quick page.

This page - N for Numbers - celebrates my love of maths back in my school and Uni days - it was such a rush to solve a particularly troublesome equation - ahhhhh, sweet memories :)

It also touches on the fact that I am lucky enough to have carried my love of maths into my career as a statistician.

And it's no shock that I have ended up falling in love with hockey, the statistic obsessed sport :)



A quick how to.

I printed some graph paper from the internet, and aged it a little with old paper and antique linen distress inks.

The background is a Paper Artsy numbers collage, masked a little to ensure no overlaps.

The tags were dampened and crumpled and dyed with peeled paint and frayed burlap distress inks.

Each tag was topped with a little torn piece of sandpaper and a piece of 7 Gypsies number gaffer tape - and the appropriate number of small button brads.

Finally, I thought for once I would surround my journalling with the ubiquitous curly brackets - because on this page, they actually make sense :) They were cut freehand from black card.

th-th-th-that's all folks.

Until the letter O.

1 comment:

Hazel said...

I love your background, and do I see green ink being used? lol!