...that just about sums up my change in mood since my last blog post. Since October 15th when I uploaded my "orange" page, it seems that what was left of the summer sun has disappeared, and we're left with cold, wet days and dark evenings, bleeuuurghhh. I don't like winter :(
That aside, here's my entry in the blue journal in my current colours CJ.
I wanted to do something a little different in this book, and as someone who uses computers constantly for both work and leisure, an homage to the dreaded BSOD - blue screen of death - seemed appropriate.
I hope it sums up the sick feeling I get in my stomach as that blue screen appears when I'm in the middle of something desperately important that I haven't saved :|
I wanted to stamp all the text in the background, but none of my white inks were co-operating, so I had to handwrite it instead. Hopefully that doesn't spoil it too much.
A quick how-to:
- the background is blue acrylic paint scraped onto watercolour paper with an old credit card
- the computer text is written with a Ranger Inkessentials white pen
- the gloopy stuff at the top is cut with a Martha Stewart border punch
- the gravestones were cut freehand from navy textured card
- the skulls were stamped with midnight blue Stazon onto light blue vellum, cut out, and then made into stickers with a baby Xyron
- the title letters are MM chipboard, painted and then given a coat of clear UTEE