Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year everyone :)



I'll have some arty farty stuff to share soon, but in the meantime I'm seeing the new year in with a tag stolen from Iva:

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
- Had a good, non dysfunctional relationship. And long may it continue
- Twittered
- Cuddled a hedgehog

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- I can't remember making any last year, but if I did I doubt I kept them
- Have made 2 this year but am keeping them to myself

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my good friend Anam brought the beautiful Lily into the world, and my pal Jo only just made it into 2008 with the late December birth of baby Emily.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My Aunty Muriel, just a couple of days before Christmas.

5. What countries did you visit?

Canada, and France

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Energy, and time, and to see my best mate out of hospital and getting her life back

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

- January 1st, when that good, non dysfunctional relationship started
- the second half of March, when I was in Canada, had SUCH a great holiday
- Christmas Day, the best one of those I have had in years

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Getting my photos printed in the Wildcats programme :D

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not being able to stick to a diet for more than about a week

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?

Nothing major. Colds and the occasional dicky tummy.

11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
My "wishful thinking" t-shirt

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

Alison's for the bravery she has shown in the face of all the awful stuff she has been through

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
No comment

14. Where did most of your money go?

- mortgage, bills, food, petrol
- art materials
- Friday Picnics
- hockey
- new lens for my camera

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Canada, Eurodisney, new hockey season, Tau

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Hmmmm, good question. Not sure. Maybe Rolex by Wiley. Not very highbrow, but it's a banging tune :)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
waaaaaaaay happier
b) fatter or skinnier? fatter by miles
c) richer or poorer? poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Making stuff

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Faffing about on the internet

20. How do you plan to spend Christmas?
bit late with this one. I spent it with my sons and my dad and it was fab.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Yup.

22. How many one night stands?

None

23. What was your favourite TV program?

Heroes or the IT Crowd

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

I don't hate anyone

25. What was the best book you read?
I was really enjoying the latest Terry Pratchett, but I lost it as I was about to reach the final chapter - so annoying!

26. What was your greatest musical discovery of the year?
High School Musical :D

27. What did you want and get?
Support and encouragement. and tenderness.

28. What did you want and not get?
- A mud free Bestival
- To be able to use rather than sell my ACE tickets to the Sens/Pens game in Stockholm

29. What was your favourite film of this year?
I only really get to see kids' movies. The best of those was Wall-E.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 41. I sulked for most of it as none of my kiddies had bought me anything and I thought I was going to go the whole day with zero recognition that it was even my birthday. But then Ian turned up with cake and pressies and cuddles and totally saved the day :)

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A Stanley Cup for Vancouver

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Canucks hoodies and Converse :)
Oh, and I bought some crimpers ------> And some legwarmers. And a FRANKIE SAYS RELAX t-shirt. 80s retro is go go go!

33. What kept you sane?
Hockey. Art. Music. Ian. Darby.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Still Ryan Kesler. Kid gets hotter by the minute :)

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The US elections, I got really into them this year.

36. Who do you miss?
George.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Ian.

38. What was the best thing you ate?
Marks and Sparks refrigerator cakes

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008?

Don't go to a festival if it has rained non stop for weeks and the site is already a mud bath

6 comments:

June said...

Some great things achieved for you :) I wish you a wonderful 2009 ... and a creative one too
Hugs June x

Hazel said...

Happy New Year :D

Anonymous said...

You've come a long way baby ! Quite the year really ! May 2009 be full of many more memory making moments and creative time for your arty soul !
Cheers !

Anonymous said...

You BOUGHT some crimpers? Hell girl, I still have the ones I had in the 80's! And they still work despite 25years of Goth!

Seth said...

Happy new year to you too Sarah!!

Anonymous said...

You're looking skinny Sarah! Have you been to Cabot Circus (was Ian doing something with all that Bristol stuff?) great leg warmers, leggings , big t's and all things 80'S in American Apparel.

Happy New Year

Love Nik x