Monday, January 19, 2009

Friday Five catch up

The hlog girls went with a Sunday Seven this week instead of a Friday Five, so here it is, along with last week's Five that I seem to have missed:

1. Do you have a day off from work or school for MLK day?

I’m guessing this is Martin Luther King day? That one’s not recognised over here…

2. Are you sick of the unusually hot or cold weather?

Who has unusually hot weather? And can I move there?! Freeeeezing here today, we are all sat in the office with our coats still on, shivering

3. Do you care about the football playoffs?

Nope, I’m not hugely interested in any kind of football, either the English or the American kind. I do very occasionally watch a bit of CFL, especially when the BC Lions are on, but to be honest I don’t really know what’s going on half the time (Kat needs to give me some pointers :) )

4. What new TV show do you like this season?


Ummm, I can’t think of anything, the IT Crowd was good but the series was short and is already over. Ditto Ace of Cakes, which seems to have been bumped a couple of shows in (sob). Heroes series 4 is due to start soon I think, so I’m looking forward to that. I’m not really watching anything else….except ‘ockey.

5. What's the next DVD on your Netflix queue or on your list to rent?

I don’t really rent movies, I don’t have time to watch them. I did make an exception last week to watch the Love Guru – which I instantly regretted as it sucked HARD. But generally, the only films I get to see are kiddy ones with my 6 year old, so the last one was Alvin and the Chipmunks :)

6. What book or magazine are you currently reading?

I usually have a couple of books and mags on the go at any given time – I’m currently making my way through this month’s Somerset Studios and Cloth Paper Scissors, and I’m also part way through reading two books – Bad Science by Ben Goldacre and Open Ice by Jack Falla

7. Is anyone else sad that we have to wait 11 months for Xmas?

No! I need that long to recover from the last one!


1. Do you make New Year's Resolutions?
Not really, sometimes half heartedly, this year not at all. I do have goals, but they aren’t new year specific.

2. How much TV do you watch?

Not that much – although it’s almost always on (kids watching Spongebob etc)

3. What kind of pet would you like to own?

A dog, definitely, but it would have to wait until I’m retired or something daft, as I don’t think it’s fair to have a dog alone in the house while everyone’s out at work and school. As far as lower maintenance pets go, we already have a pair of lovely friendly rats and the cutest pygmy hedgehog on the planet.

4. Do you recycle?

Yes. I’d want to anyway, but the tiny waste bins the council give us mean that I haven’t got much choice.

5. Have you just wandered around the town that you live in?

Just aimlessly? Not really. I don’t tend to do much without a purpose. And it isn’t the most exciting or pretty town, to be fair.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can identify with the kids tv shows always being on....I know all the theme songs! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Melinda