Monday, September 26, 2011

Two posts in one day??


I know! it's not like me at all.  Just call me super blogger!

So - this is a highly unusual (for me) art journal page.  None of my usual collaging over bright acrylic painted backgrounds.  Instead I thought I would have a first (and quite possibly last :) ) attempt at actually painting something half recognisable with watercolours.

I'm not entirely sure I was successful at that!  But never mind, it was fun to work on in front of the telly for a couple of evenings.

Here it is before I added the journalling:


Once again, it has been a shameful length of time since I last worked in this journal, 5 weeks in fact.  And once again I have the fantastic A Year In The Life Of An Art Journal blog to thank for spurring me into action.

Their current prompt is:

THE PROMPT: Memory Lane
THE SONG: You're Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins
Written lyrics HERE
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: photo of a road


I ended up pretty much ignoring the song, which was nice enough but didn't really resonate with me, and I painted my road instead of using a photo - but I did journal about my "memory lane"

You probably can't read what I wrote, I wrote it tiny for a reason - but the jist is that I'd rather not reminisce down Memory Lane, as there's a lot down there I'd prefer not to remember - but instead I'm concentrating on the road ahead, the path not yet trodden, and trying to build up a new store of good memories to cancel out the not-so-great ones.

AJED : 99/365


8 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

LOVE your painting!! It's beautiful!!

Sid said...

Great pages !!

Marit said...

What a beautiful painting Sarah! Wow, I'm impressed!!!

Anonymous said...

i love your page -- it's lovely. and i agree about reminiscing. better to look ahead sometimes indeed.

Carmen said...

It's beautiful and really resonates. It's hard sometimes though when you try to look forward and friends don't let you...

Nigel said...

Wonderfully contrasting blog posts - both wonderful in their own way.

Love the watercolours :)

TJ said...

Wow I'm loving the text on the pathway. It is LITERALLY jotting memories down a lane! Awesome...
xxx tj

SeasideKaren said...

Just had to post a comment, I absolutely LOVE your page, the painting is beautiful and the journalling along life's road is inspired. Hope you do lots more painted backgrounds, it really is fab!