Wednesday, February 27, 2013

just collage, no cheating....


Over on Collabor-ART we've been having fun with collage recently.  Well, when I say "fun", I mean that we were all painfully dragged kicking and screaming from our comfort zones :)  But I think most of us enjoyed it in the end, at least a bit.

The challenge was a two stage collaborative project to make purely collaged postcards - absolutely no paint, ink, pens and pencils even, allowed.  All we could use were cardboard for the base, printed papers, scissors and glue.  It was hard work!

Everyone did two postcards each, so here are the backgrounds I made for Vicki to work on:


And this is a get well soon card I made for my friend Pam at the same time:


(that one isn't "purely collaged" as the get well plaster was stamped, but I won't tell if you don't ;)  )

This is what Vicki did with my backgrounds, love them, especially the dude on the straw:




And for my part I was sent these backgrounds by Jean:


and


And my final collaged postcards:


and


To see more of the amazing collages that resulted from this little experiment, click here

And if you fancy joining in some fun, collaborative projects like this (and you are European based) - then why not join us over at Collabor-ART?  We are always on the lookout for new members....

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

These are so fun! I love the red arrows raining down!

Jez said...

Really terrific collages, they all leave me breathless for words. Yes, it was such an interesting and challenging collaboration, and I learnt so much from it.

Virginia said...

Crikey Sarah I'm loving all that collage fabulous stuff, I must admit it's got me looking at images in a different light again!

Carmen said...

I may have moaned and groaned and wailed and pulled clumps of hair out... but I DID really enjoy it and will be using collage more. It certainly gives you a huge respect when you see really intricate works of collage.

Love all your pieces :D