Sunday, February 06, 2011

You're going to reap just what you sow


I don't know about you, but for me it's impossible to hear that line sung, without thinking of Heather Small :)  Boy, that little woman had a BIG voice.

I'm now back to working in my regular journal after my few days prepping pages in my travel book.  It's nice to be back, I've missed working in my baby Moleskine.

This page is about my bessie Alison, and how brave and brilliant she is.  Despite much more bad luck and disadvantaged-ness (is that a word?) than most people, by far, she still posted a Facebook status message the other day to say how happy she is with her current situation and what a great day she had had.  That certainly puts some other peoples' doom and gloom status updates into perspective!

I have journalled about her situation and how unfair it is that to get the perfect, creative life she always craved, she has had to lose so much.  And how that's a lesson to all of us not to wait until bad things happen before we make the effort to transform our life into the perfect life it has the potential to be.

All way too deep for a Saturday night.

Look - pretty background before I finished it off (still wrinkly because it was still wet):

You can just see the pattern from the new fancy shaped stencil waste I got from ebay last week, it's very cool.

And here's a close up of the writing within writing on this page - done with the finest nibbed gel pen I've ever seen:


And no, they're not lollipops :)  They are the gorgeous lampwork glass beads that my talented best friend now has the time and kit to make. These were from her 2nd or 3rd try.  So clever!

AJED : 36 / 365

4 comments:

Jackie Elwin said...

love the journalling inside the letters idea - nice work

Alison Griffiths said...

You made me cry, thank you so much. You are the bessiest Bessie ever!

I was singing that song whilst torching the other day, it was on the golden oldies.

'you gonna reap just what you sow, yeah!'

Wonderful. Love you but not in a Grewie way ;)

Rosie said...

Sarah, you nearly made ME cry! Yes it's a perfect song and that's such a personal page (love that blue bg!)... and I'm glad you find my thoughts interesting! I often think that a bit of my brain unravels as I try to explain how I arrived at my destination in a piece! Then again, mostly I expect people just think I'm unhinged! =)

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I really love your blog! Your pages are so amazing!