Thursday, February 23, 2012

The face inside is right beneath your skin...

Another day, another dollar - or in my case, another week, another CJ

This is my entry in Virginia's journal - which is all about Linkin Park

The pages are folded, so this (above) is what mine looks like closed

And here it is open :


I've gone with the song "Paper Cut" - and as that's about paranoia I had this idea of making Chester's eyes kind of pop out of his head to suggest eyes darting all over the place looking out for the bad guys, that kind of thing.

Not convinced it worked but never mind :) 

The flash is really bouncing off the metallic sprays and inks on that photo above, this close up gives a truer idea of what the background looks like:


So, yes, that's the main entry in the book.

Virginia also asked us to share our recommendations for new music.

Trouble is, I mainly listen to stuff that was recorded 20 years ago :)  So this bit was a bit tricky!

I ended up sharing bands that aren't necessarily new (Polar Bear Club are, not so much the others), but who have released GOOD material recently. In other words they're not just sitting on their laurels living off past glories.  Like some bands I could mention.


Sorry, the flash has rendered that one pretty much illegible.  I really ought to take my photos in the daytime!  (trouble is, I'm at work in the daytime)

and then last but not least, we were asked to make a sign in page, featuring a logo or symbol that represents us or is important to us.  How could I choose anything other than my orca?


So that's it for this month.  I have Sian's song lyrics themed journal next time around, looking forward to that one.

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

Truly gorgeous pages...all of them.
Hugs xx

Virginia said...

OMG - it's gorgeous - I couldn't not look I couldn't then hubby said he'd look for me and I said - no that's not fair! So I came and looked and it's fantastic I love love love it, love how you've done Chester's eyes fantastic - thank you so much and I love your sign in tag fantastic!

Luna Art said...

Love how you have done the eyes, really suggests paranoid to me! Your sign in page is beautiful with your Orca on it.x