Invader – I was super chuffed because these are getting harder and harder to find nowadays as they tend to get half inched and re-sold as soon as he puts them up. We didn’t even see any in Paris last year despite looking out for them, and there used to be loads of them there.
|(this pic is actually from Birmingham the night before but I couldn't find any good ones on the net from the London gig )|
The sound rattles your whole body, and tickles your nose :) it’s intense. Really really good.
And then Korn themselves were fantastic. What a buzz. Bagpipes and everything :) Great night out.
The film we watched was the ice hockey comedy Goon, which we didn’t manage to catch when it was out at the cinema – I think we were probably the last hockey fans in the country to watch it. It was better than I thought it would be, but also gorier – a bit too much blood for my liking! But then I’m a wuss when it comes to hockey injuries. Seann William Scott was actually really sweet in the lead role – very different to how he played Stifler in American Pie! Definitely worth a watch.
Other things rockin’ my little world this week, in no particular order:
- The GLORIOUS sunny weather we have had all week
- Getting a real bargain BMX bike from eBay second hand but in excellent nick after Reece’s last bike died a death
- Absent mindedly flicking through the list of watch-anytime programmes that come with my cable TV, and finding a brilliant documentary about Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam frontman) and his love of surfing
- The school disco for giving me a couple of kiddie free hours while simultaneously being super fun for Connor
- Finding a quirky little shop I didn’t know existed in the town where I work that sells really cool and unique postcards – perfect for my Postcrossing hobby
- Discovering that the new lady who has just started at my office is a bit of a kindred spirit, we even share the same tattooist :) And she is interested in crafts too, and roller derby. It’s great to have someone to natter to at work who you have stuff in common with.
- Checking out a new exhibition at the art gallery in town – prints by British artist John Piper. These were really fantastic full size and in the flesh. Really bold colours. Great eye candy and inspiration.
All in all, not a bad week at all :)
I’ll be linking this post up at Rocker Central – ie Virginia’s blog - it's our little haven of positivity, why don't you join us?